In order to be seen today, we require the following:
- Confirmation of your insurance eligibility
- Referral (if you have an HMO policy)
- If your insurance plan requires a referral, it is your responsibility to obtain a valid one before today’s visit.
- As a courtesy, if you do not have a valid referral for today’s visit, you have the option of paying out of pocket, 100 dollars. A reimbursement will be refunded if your referral is received within the allowable billing period (usually 60-90 days).
If you choose not to pay a co-pay or do not have a valid referral, we are happy to reschedule your appointment.
No Show Policy/Late Cancellations
A “no-show” is someone who misses an appointment without cancelling it in an appropriate, timely manner. A failure to be present at the time of a scheduled appointment will be recorded in your medical record as a “no-show.”
- First missed appointment: there will be no charge
- Second and third missed appointments: $50.00 fee will be billed to your account
- After three “No Shows” you will no longer be able to receive care at this office.
Cancelling an Appointment
In order to be respectful of the medical needs of other patients, please be courteous and call the Washington Square Dermatology promptly if you are unable to show up for an appointment. This time will be reallocated to someone who is in need of treatment. If it is necessary to cancel your scheduled appointment, we require that you call at least 24 hours in advance. Appointments are in high demand, and your early cancellation will give another person the possibility to have access to timely medical care.
To cancel appointments, please call 617-734-1707. If you do not reach the receptionist, you may leave a detailed message on our answering service. If you would like to reschedule your appointment, please leave your phone number. We will return your call and give you the next available appointment time. You may also cancel your appointment via the Patient Portal.
Insurance and Billing
Please contact our office to verify acceptance of your insurance plan. Qualifications for insurance coverage may differ between plans and individual procedures. As a courtesy, we are happy to submit claims directly to your insurance company for covered procedures. You will be responsible for any remaining balance. We do not accept the following insurance plans:
- Mass Health at this time.
- Neighborhood Health
We accept checks, cash or credit cards (Visa, MasterCard, Amex, Discover). Visit co-pays and payment for cosmetic services are due at the time of service.